PCD (Polycrystalline Diamond)
Composed of micro grain of diamond compound sintered under high pressures and temperature. It rapidly replaces Carbide in machining application and It is ideal for Non ferrous metal and Non metals such as:
- Non ferrous Metal such as Aluminum alloys, Brass, Bronze, Copper, etc.
- Abrasive Material such as Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer (CFRP), Fiberglass Reinforced Polymer, Graphite, etc.
- Non Metals such as Wood, Plastics, etc.
- Longer tool life compared to Carbide (3x and up)
- Better surface finish
- Better dimensional control ( +/- 0.002mm)
- Can reduce cycle time, by faster feed and speed.
Total Page Visits: 204